New Instructor Guidelines
The expansion of the North Carolina Builder Institute, due to the 2020 Mandatory Continuing Education Law, has made it imperative that we expand the number of instructors qualified to teach the NCBI courses.
The following criteria and guidelines have been updated and put in place to assist in the selection process for new instructors.
Submit the following for review by the NCBI Trustees or approved subcommittee:
- Complete the NCBI Instructor Information Form
- Complete the NCBI Instructor Questionnaire (note: Instructors do not have to travel, indicate on the Instructor Questionnaire any restrictions on distance, dates, etc.)
- Video (15-20 minutes in length) of applicant teaching
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation
Once the above materials are received and reviewed a determination will be made on whether:
- The applicant meets the criteria to teach for NCBI
- The applicant will be required to take the NCBI Instructor Prep Course before becoming an active instructor
Once approved as a NCBI Instructor the following Requirements will apply:
- You are required to take the NC Licensing Board for General Contractors 2-hour Mandatory Class each year
- You must be able to write a new 4-hour NCBI class or rewrite an existing course. You must write a 2-hour NCBI course that you will teach. VERY IMPORTANT: BEFORE writing and/or rewriting any course YOU MUST receive approval of the course title and content from the NCBI Curriculum Overview Committee.
- Full days, which includes 8 hours of instruction, are a requirement for teaching in the Continuing Education program
Forms To Complete
NOTE: once you download the form you must save it to your computer and open it in Adobe or Acrobat Reader before submitting it. If you fill out the form in Chrome’s PDF viewer, it will not allow you to email the PDF.